Hi TOK Folks,

  Please check out Nick Jankel's piece on Embodied Wisdom:
https://medium.com/switch-on/transforming-philosophy-to-regenerate-our-crisis-hit-world-da1835bf652b

I think it is a beautiful piece. And it has a cool section on "Patriarchy Games," which lists some important items for reflection. I know I saw myself reflected in several items. I think that is partially inevitable. After all, if you are trying to lead the way to a new vision, then dominance and hierarchy dynamics are to some degree inevitable. And, at the same time, there is always the hungry ego, looking for admiration. And so, that it is nice to see a list of behaviors and patterns that affords those of us who might be in such a place to do a gut check.

I very much agreed with the overall thrust. We need a new approach to philosophy that cultivates and embodied wisdom. This, BTW, was exactly what my body was telling me back in November, when I grabbed a hold of some "wisdom energy" and felt it "drop" into my gut, and resulted me just loving being without memory or desire as I walked my dog Benji on a beautiful fall day.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:
https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/