My question is, if we are conscious, and additionally conscious of ours and
others consciousness, but not conscious of unconsciousness, are we not
ourselves exactly what consciousness is?

In this regard there is no use discussing hard or easy, physical or mental,
red or green, these are all dualistic abstractions of consciousness
attempting to find itself outside of itself, which is quite impossible.

In this sense we can also see that consciousness is not a property of the
body or brain as we are conscious of both. Yes we are conscious of our own
brains, from many different epistemological frames. I know most don't
(fully) agree with this, but I am not aware of any process by which I can
exist at all without being both inside and outside of a "me" that "owns"
consciousness.

I don't know precisely what it is. But whatever it is, I am that, and that
is the ground and the ceiling of being. I am that I am.  And out of that
nondual observer "Am-ness" the entire Tok arises and collapses in an
infinitely entropic and negentropic process that allows for consciousness
to experience, but effectively amounts to absolutely no thing at all.

Regards,

Nicholas G. Lattanzio, Psy.D.