Dear colleagues,

We are extending our call for papers for the International Association for Environmental Philosophy (IAEP) to June 1. We hope you’ll consider sharing your work!  Please find our extended call for the 2021 meeting of IAEP below.

Best to you,
Jonathan

Jonathan Beever, Ph.D.
IAEP Secretary
Assistant Professor of Ethics and Digital Culture,
Director, UCF Center for Ethics,
Director, Theoretical and Applied Ethics Certificate Program,
Department of Philosophy and Texts & Technology Ph.D. Program
University of Central Florida
__________________________
www.jonathan.beever.org
iaepsecretary@gmail.com
email to and from this address is subject to public record request

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PHILOSOPHY Twenty-Fifth Annual Meeting 15–16 October 2021 Online Only

IAEP’s conference this year will be online only. We hope this will be the last time we will have to meet in this way, but there remains far too much uncertainty for us to go ahead and commit to an in-person conference, knowing that we may have to cancel it.

The workshop format we followed last year was highly successful. We thus will follow that format again this year. We ask now for proposals for papers and panels. Those whose proposals are accepted will need to submit a complete paper of no more than 3,000 words by 15 September 2021. These papers will be made available to everyone who registers for the conference so that they may read them in advance. At the conference you will be limited to ten minutes to summarize your paper, thus leaving twenty minutes for questions and discussion.

IAEP welcomes papers and panels in the critical environmental humanities including: • environmental philosophy

• environmental political theory • environment and difference
• environment and culture
• critical animal studies

• philosophy of place

Individual Paper proposals: Please send a single-spaced Word document (prepared for blind review) including a proposal (500–600 words) PLUS a short abstract (75–100 words, for the conference program). The body of the email should include detailed contact information (including physical and electronic addresses) and academic affiliation(s) of the author(s).

Panel proposals (max. 3 papers): Please send one single-spaced Word document (prepared for blind review) including a title for the panel followed by titles, paper proposals (500–600 words) and short abstracts (75–100 words) for each paper as described above. The body of the email should include contact information and affiliations for each author. Paper proposals will also be judged individually and may be accepted individually without acceptance of the entire panel.

ALL SUBMISSIONS and ENQUIRIES should be sent to [log in to unmask].

Authors may submit only one proposal for consideration. Papers previously published or under review for publication will not be accepted. Accepted authors must be members of IAEP and registered for the conference by 1 September 2021 or they will be removed from the program. They must also, as discussed above, submit a complete paper of no more than 3,000 words by 15 September to be made available to all those who have registered for the conference.

$250 PRIZE FOR BEST STUDENT ESSAY: Students, please indicate in your email if you wish to be considered for this prize. The winner will be announced during the conference.

DEADLINE EXTENDED: 1 June 2021.

NOTICE OF DECISION: Mid-June 2021.

Information about IAEP and membership is available at www.environmentalphilosophy.org.

page1image4787008