There is the possibility that the more birth control pills women
consume, the more estrogen will end up in nature
and--hypothetically--more boys will be born with hypospadias. The
condition is becoming more frequent.

Best,

Lene

On 20-05-2021 14:18, Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx wrote:

> Thanks for this, Corinne.
>
> This discussion reminds me of a series of lectures that I co-presented
> with a cultural anthropologist on the nature of sex and gender. He
> took the position of significant sexual and gender fluidity. I granted
> that but argued that one could clearly “overshoot” and that distinct
> biological sex (i.e., male and female) is a foundation of primate
> biology (note, as this article on fish clearly shows, sex in nature is
> far more complicated). The class concluded with the idea that there is
> a clear bimodal distribution in male and female primate body plan, but
> there are clearly many dimensions and it was not a sharp dichotomy.
> Moreover, the social construction of sex and gender in different
> societies has shown huge diversity. And even here there is significant
> trends and patterns that have some “truths” that transcend the “mere”
> social construction. What emerged were questions of how to understand
> sex and construct gendered roles and identities that fostered
> flexibility, honored our nature(s), and cultivated well-being.
>

> Best,
>
> Gregg

*Lene Rachel Andersen*
Futurist, economist, author & keynote speaker
President of Nordic Bildung and co-founder of the European Bildung Network
Full member of the Club of Rome
*Nordic Bildung*
Vermlandsgade 51, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
www.nordicbildung.org
+45 28 96 42 40