Appreciating this discussion this evening,

My understanding of the ToK system and its implications suggests that, until we do ground our collective understanding in a naturalistic and scientific understanding of the human animal and delineating our shared features, we are somewhat doomed to repeat endless waves of justification systems wiping out and replacing other waves of justification systems.  Culture on culture on culture.

The irony is that Gregg's work is yet another cultural suggestion or force, which is one reason it is drowned out in the cacophony of competing systems.  However, what I feel is particularly novel about the UTOK perspective is that it allows us a shared platform, the 4th joint point, with which we can safely say is the human condition.  For example, you can connect with basically anyone at a fundamental human level if one internalizes that point.

Anything after the 4th joint point is a cultural disagreement, and we differentiate as either apes with our own hallucinatory trip, or we can regard ourselves as unique evolved entities in the same way that birds differentiate into manifold niched creatures based upon environmental conditions.

In other words, on our way to learning as many competing cultural/justification systems as we can, it may behoove us to learn a basic shared understanding that applies to everyone.  The issue is that one must have the capacity to hold the existentially threatening awareness that one's own reality is essentially a provisional solipsism, and yet that solipsism is the most compelling and real "feeling" aspect of our realities.

-Chance