Best wishes on the exams.

Best,
MMK

    On Monday, May 3, 2021, 9:18:58 AM CDT, Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 #yiv3589479587 #yiv3589479587 -- _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv3589479587 #yiv3589479587 p.yiv3589479587MsoNormal, #yiv3589479587 li.yiv3589479587MsoNormal, #yiv3589479587 div.yiv3589479587MsoNormal {margin:0in;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;}#yiv3589479587 a:link, #yiv3589479587 span.yiv3589479587MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv3589479587 span.yiv3589479587EmailStyle19 {font-family:sans-serif;color:windowtext;}#yiv3589479587 .yiv3589479587MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered {}#yiv3589479587 div.yiv3589479587WordSection1 {}#yiv3589479587
Yes, absolutely an important consideration. Thanks, Cory.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]>On Behalf Of Cory David Barker
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 10:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TOK What would be the "Key Ideas" for culture and the social sciences?

CAUTION:This email originated from outside of JMU. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

I suggest to include more stage/development theories. It's not enough to just represent societies through architectures of their structure and components. We also have to have some models that represent the individual and sociocultural processes that they undergo as they transition from one magnitude of complexity to another, both in scale and in complexity. Without stage theories, there is no means to differentiate how complex or evolved that the cognitive, affective, and social trajectories are in a given individual and society. In shorter words, we can answer the what, but we also have to answer the how.

Spiral dynamics is pretty good, but is generally not accepted in science because it lacks any kind of scientific foundation. You might look into Loevinger, Cook-Grueter, Keagan, Commons, and Fischer. They come from the Harvard school and are science based. Also, Johnson and Earl's evolution of human society is also pretty awesome, super comprehensive.

Cory