Dear Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well and that you are having an enjoyable summer!

We have some exciting news to share about some recent changes to the admission to teacher education process:

We are in the process of transitioning our data management system for teacher education, and we anticipate that we will no longer be utilizing Tk20 for admission data by the end of the fall semester.  I hope to have more information soon.

Meanwhile, beginning today with our July application cohort, we are recommending that students who have applied to teacher education should NOT subscribe to Tk20 (except in limited circumstances, e.g. students who will be student teaching in fall 2021 and need it to access their student teaching binder.)

In order to make this possible, we have created the pre-professional self-assessment in QuestionPro so that students can complete their admission requirements without needing to log in to Tk20.

Please see the updated steps to apply at: https://www.jmu.edu/coe/esc/_files/Application-Requirements.pdf

Therefore, ALL steps to apply for teacher education are now accessible external to Tk20.  We are continuing to provide temporary Tk20 accounts for our July 2021 application cohort. Students can continue to access Tk20 with either a temporary account or if they had previously subscribed. Students who have not subscribed, but have an expired Tk20 account will NOT be able to access Tk20 and will not be able to check their status; therefore, they will need to contact either their education advisor or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if they have questions about their admission status.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Best regards,
Dara

Dara Hall, Ph.D.
Executive Director of Teacher Education and Student Success
Education Support Center, Memorial Hall 7230/40
JMU College of Education
540-568-2996