All:
I have not been following this discussion of plants "seeing," or being conscious; but a brief response. If zoological entities in biology, dogs, birds, dolphins, cats, viruses, namely anything that reproduces, can maybe "think," why can"t botanical entities such as plants at least see? Viruses mutate. What does that mean? Are they reacting to something?  Rocks, dirt, water cannot think or react. But they also do not reproduce.
We talk of the language of dolphins, the emotions in dogs, elephants, and so on. But then, what is language?
I would not be able to casually dismiss the view that plants "see."  Some years ago there was a video of an MIT professor or student playing frisbe with his dog. The guy, after a while, realized he and the dog were moving, running from side to side. The guy wondered, "am I playing with the dog and the dog reacting, or is the dog also messing with me?"   Good question. So, do plants see?  I have no idea. Maybe.
Best,
Michael M. Kazanjian