Yes, anything that can do computation, whether abstractly, or directly on
phenomenal qualities, must eventually discover these kinds of
possibilities, once it is sufficiently intelligent and reflectively self
aware.

Emagine a color you have never experienced before, let's call it grue.
Let's say a particular neurotransmitter (call it NT-d) reacting in a
synapse is what has this intrinsic grueness quality which can be
directly apprehended.
Notice that any abstract description of this intrinsic grueness behavior of
NT-d, reacting in a synapse, tells you nothing of what NT-d is
qualitatively or phenomenally like.

So, now, ask your question, again: Is it possible for you, who has never
apprehended gruness, to understand that you don't know what grueness is
like?
Like Mary, you know everything about the intrinsic grueness behavior of
NT-4, but there is still something you don't know about what that behavior
of grueness is like.
For Emerson, all of his knowledge is the same way as that abstractly
knowledge of grueness behavior for you.  Like you, Emerson can understand
the fact that there is something he doesn't yet know, with all of his
abstract knowledge.

The same is True for an abstract entity like Cmd Data in Start Trek
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Data-5F-28Star-5FTrek-29&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=5x-D32_HYVYDKI_R8pp0Jz6jXex073v2ObhpjxGtVkA&s=zyuIR-4vl6RKduzPduzulH8ixMFqklTSc_W5HGu6gfk&e= >.  He, abstractly, new
there were emotional or phenomenal qualities he had never experienced
before.
He had curiosity abstractly programmed into himself, so he sought out an
"emotion chip" so he could, like Mary, finally directly apprehend
phenomenal qualities, so he could know what all the emotional and
phenomenal behavior was phenomenally like, not just know how it behaved.

Brent