So this thread is being discussed on multiple levels and that makes it a bit hard to follow with all the concurrent language games.

Jamie,

I agree with you on most of what you said but to a less absolute degree. I wonder if your operationalizations are a bit too distinct from the sort of commonplace use of words like intelligence or social evaluation to make directly correspondent comparisons. It's a bit hard to follow your exact argument because you take it in so many directions, which is great and again I agree with most of what you said but it seems like you have more a problem with the way intelligence is valued and measured rather than human intelligence as a thing itself. You also come from a very 1st person perspective and it seems as tho you are primed to be against mechanical/technical classifications of things, another thing you and I share, although even from a strictly Advaitist perspective these classifications and evaluations have use to them and aren't nonsense no matter how useless they are. If we're really going to get divine about it then you better no none of this shit matters in the slightest, so no need to be against it and all the more reason to watch and learn from it and do what you will from there (most of us would prefer something good that betters the world and humanity, but obviously not everyone).

I think you've got some really good ideas to share on this thread but play the game a little bit if you really wanna talk about it in depth. Please don't take any of this as me trying to 'put you in your place or anything like that if anything consider it unsolicited conversational feedback in the name of dialogos, that's what it is truthfully.

Waldemar and Bradley,

I like the way you've both categorized decision-making with regard to intelligence and environmental factors, but it leaves out large portions of intelligence and essentially your arguments can both be summarized as "everyone makes mistakes."

Of course, as you both note, it's more complicated than just that, but just that is true. Everyone makes mistakes. But intelligence is not about not making errors, it is about using error to build prediction. Which, as Peter acknowledged, is how something like a cognitive distortion or schemas in general are formed through the feedback loop depicted by the free energy principle and embodied cognition (both are Karl Friston's terms, I believe) that create a sort of parallel reality for us to live in that corresponds to true reality in a way for us to maintain perspective and survival. That's what human intelligence is, having your cake and eating it too.

This is just a small piece of the discussion to be had here.

However, in a similar manner of thought, Jaime's original post is very much true. Human intelligence will be it's own executioner. Because eventually our CULTURALLY JUSTIFIED and distorted (even so slightly) lens of reality that we cannot know unless having already looked through is going to run off course in a way that makes survival the sole priority (we already see this regression every day, as autonomic functions increase the way they would in a heightened emotional state their ability to make rational and realistic decisions falters). That's why I brought up radical acceptance and radical genuineness, because they aren't about survival, they're about wisdom. In as true a TOK sense as I have probably ever articulated, wisdom is what will be the yang to the yin of human intelligence.

Regards,

Nicholas G. Lattanzio, Psy.D.