Obviously a very touchy subject...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/09/13/can-progressives-be-convinced-that-genetics-matters/amp?fbclid=IwAR1qqy381NHVB-Y1Tpexr0tKjLHktn-GATmvTOKW88MAXCU5Y7bTI8KMyxo

The thought that occurred to me, from this forum’s perspective is that genes are the biological equivalent of atoms for the physical universe - genes are the reductionist atoms for the biological universe. Just as it is quite difficult to generalize causality arguments of quantum effects observed at subatomic scales to ones at human/ macroscopic scale, it is difficult to generalize  observations at the bio-molecular level to the human psychological level.

Perhaps a ToK framing of the problem can enlighten both polarized sides of this contentious argument?

Both atoms and genes are the result of constructed, scientific human narratives. It seems to me that the psychological unpacking of how we humans construct stories is critical for our collective survival at this time. From climate change to vaccines to behavior genetics, it’s our constructed and divergent storytelling that lay at the center of the storm. A deep understanding of how we emerge and use language to construct our stories seems highly salient to depolarizing society.
--
Wishing you WELLth
Gien

Pull a thread here and you’ll find it’s attached to the rest of the world. - Nadeem Aslam