Yes, it's been quite the story! I think it’s making people feel a little more helpless. This year has been a landmark year for extreme weather and more noticeable signs of tipping points, which is both good and bad. Bad, for obvious reasons but good because it’s getting decision makers to finally take climate change seriously. But bad again, because it may come to past as waking up to the reality a little bit late.

Human beings are not very well equipped to interpret hyperobjects (Morton) like climate change as a threat. That has allowed political, business leaders and a large percentage of the general public to exercise cognitive biases to collectively ignore the pressing science of the last five decades.

Unfortunately, no "climate) news is good news. New discoveries of climate science are usually bad news because climate scientists are usually conservative by nature. the profesisonal pyschiatrists and pyschologists in this network will see increased caseloads for eco-counseling as most people are not good at terror management. As climate change's predicted impacts being to move from predictions into experienced reality, mortality salience is going to drive more depression, nihilism, addiction, fear, anger and violence as people try to find a way to cope with the existential threat of extinction, We are already seeing a new normality of chaos.

I'm doing my bit by working with other networks to develop a cybernetic system along the line of Doug Englebert's vision of Collective IQ:

https://www.dougengelbart.org/content/view/194/

for rapid whole system change and launching a call to action for builders to help build it at COP26. Working with knowledge architect Gyuri Lajos and a team rapidly coalescing around him to build a rapid system change platform for humanity:

https://devpost.com/software/indywiki

At this time, it behooves all of us to find our leverage  points where we can each make the biggest difference, as the time window for action shrinks rapidly with each passing day.