Gregg:

Interesting question.
It bring us to a fascinating questions re emergence…what is the relationship between chemical energy and “the mind”?
The mind is very much dependent upon the chemical energy to which the brain is exposed.
For instance, the mind/brain/body/environment cannot result in the generation of its physiologic product, the mind, in the absence of glucose or the presence of cyanide compounds.

Best regards from the woods (which are still alight, though not nearby),

Waldemar