Hi Gien

This is all fascinating, and very important.  I will follow up with you later.

Best wishes

Joan

On Fri, 3 Sept 2021 at 07:46, James Gien Wong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Joan,

I don’t have direct experience myself but I’m coediting a book on Cosmolocal Production

with my colleagues Michel Bauwens, Sharon Ede and Dr. Jose Ramos, who does employ futures action research in his work so learning thru his methodology to apply to our projects. See his 2017 paper on FAR:

He is founder of Action Foresight which provides foresight training:

The system our global project group is building for rapid bottom up system change is built around a new decentralized, privacy protected knowledge system software architecture built by Gyuri Lajos. A brief description is available at this hackathon we are involved in:

Gyuri has been developing his ecosystem for 15 years, to realize Doug Englebert’s vision. We will be using it for participatory action research as we onboard individuals and organisations. Since the individual or organization’s data is naturally kept on your server and a copy in the fission.code space (encrypted if private data, non-encrypted if you make your data shareable) any app developed on fission, called an app developed on the edge, is already interoperable with any other app....no need to get a developer to develop API between apps. The most amazing feature is the ability to track any idea as if flows through dynamic groups of conversational participants. Take the conversation around any subject matter in this thread...PAR or stage theory, it would track where the idea goes, as it morphs, is augmented or applied to new contexts. Privacy settings of the users allow it to be tracked within groups. The greatest power is to track public conversation flows to actually see how ideas spread virally at a granular level.

We would be working with Jose and his team to help us apply PAR and FAR within the system to study what methodologies work best to mobilize citizens for community scale collective action.

Since the fission fabric is built upon person-centric framework, it is both privacy protected and app interoperable at the same time. This means different scientific teams can develop apps for functions that will simply interoperate without any extra development work. We need to have earth system researchers who will integrate downscaled planetary boundary and doughnut economic functions, another team to integrate MuSIASEM complexity, nonlinear analysis nexus tool to mitigate progress traps and still others for measuring urban footprint, Potsdam Institutes SCIARA climate change simulation tool and many others. The fission fabric can also seamlessly hold massive datasets, that we expect this project will generate.