Hi TOK List,

  Thanks for all the recent contributions.

  Those who know the “insider baseball” of the iQuad Coin and what it symbolizes know that it emerged as a consequence of the iQuad path in 2017. The iQuad path has its origin a weird “formula” called the Henriques Equivalency, which is given as: 2p i f = 1. I arrived at this Equivalency in 2001. I will spare you how I arrived at it here. I will only state that it represents the idea that there is a “mathematical-physical-metaphysical-knower-known conjunction,” such that the Equivalency identifies a special case whereby the “human-observing-measuring-knower equals the energetically-kinetically-known” ontic reality and does so via the “mathematical conceptual operators” of 2p, i, and f (f stands for frequency and refers to “oscillation per second”).

  When I generated it, I was convinced it was meaningful, but at the time I was not sure how to justify its meaning. Indeed, I called it the “Henriques Equivalency” precisely because it was meaningful to me and my metaphysical empirical understanding of the world and my place in it. [Note: The few experts in physics and math that I showed it to that year acknowledged I did the basic operations correctly (they are not complicated, and I am no mathematician), but they did not see it as meaning anything. And, given those language systems as they normally operate, they were 100% correct].

  A year or so later, in 2002, my wife Andee spontaneously brought me home the book (which was rare because we were poor), Where Mathematics Comes From, which explores the cognitive science of how humans construct mathematical truths and languages. It is a fascinating work. It ends with a “mathematical idea analysis” of the most beautiful equation in mathematics. My ignorance of mathematics was such that I was completely unaware of such a formula. However, when I saw it and how it was derived, I intuitively knew it was connected to the Equivalency.

Here is nice 3 minute video of the most beautiful equation in mathematics for folks who are curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTGFQpKaPU

PS I think it is interesting and useful to juxtapose the notion that the Gulf Stream might collapse with the fact that humans are able to build beautiful mathematical equations. Complexity, growth, ignorance, power, intelligence, egoism, love, denial, insight, and destruction are all tangled up with us, it seems.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/