Very interesting, Brandon.

I've just come off the second session of Rebel Wisdom's Sensemaking 101. One of the participants, originally from Japan, spoke very movingly about the serious issue of social isolation in Japan, linked to the broader issue of extreme conformity, suppression of individualism, and scripted interactions.

Another participant suggested a similar dynamic exists in Korea, and is perhaps emerging in China.

Perhaps these could also be seen as resulting from attractors in socio-cultural evolution - arising from attractors related to the earlier value meme, creating extreme conformity. But perhaps there is also an effect of interacting attractors: perhaps a conformity-attractor and a modern-attractor generate unresolvable tensions that can only be dealt with via seriously dysfunctional behaviour - such as isolation (for 30 years, sometimes), for example.

Pure speculation, of course - but the idea of meme-driven attractors is very..... attractive.

If you go ahead with your Emerge debrief, I'd love to listen in.

Thanks

Alex Goodall