Dear all,

I’m forwarding on information about this event on Audre Lorde and intersectional culture work scheduled for Monday and Tuesday of next week, organized by Michael L. Thomas of Susquehanna University.

Hope to see some of you there on Monday!
Caleb

From Michael L. Thomas:

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to invite you to a set of dialogs entitled, "Working at the Intersections," which will take place online and at the John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies at the Freie Universität Berlin on Nov. 15th and 16th at 6pm. These dialogs mark the release of Heidi James' In Audre's Footsteps (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.fair-2Dbestellwerk.com_In-2DAudres-2DFootsteps-2DTransnational-2DKitchen-2DTable-2DTalk&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=2aSUdldnUAWRH0QHubw89O-W6Iq_azPfXyPb8RVZKiY&s=QYoxMAaoNvibgt8IJr-ksHbaXYHiKyGGeiPFZlNCp6k&e= ), which was published last month. We'll be using the dialogues from Heidi's book as a starting point for a dialog and collaboration on culture work inside and outside of the academy.
The first event, scheduled for Nov. 15th, takes a scholarly approach to culture work and community formation. The participants include Tiffany Florvil (History, University of New Mexico), author of Mobilizing Black Germany, Maisha Maureen Auma, Audre Lorde Visiting Professor of the Berlin University Alliance, and Caleb Ward (Philosophy, University of Hamburg), who works on Audre Lorde's ethics and conception of agency.

The second event, scheduled for Nov. 16th, is student focused and involves me, Heidi Lewis (Feminist and Gender Studies, Colorado College), and students from local organizations in a workshop for building strategies based on their activist work on their respective campuses.

You can find more information, including links to RSVP here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.jfki.fu-2Dberlin.de_faculty_culture_dates_Dialogs-5FIntersections.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=2aSUdldnUAWRH0QHubw89O-W6Iq_azPfXyPb8RVZKiY&s=u5T_c-gHxvQ6hH7omB8d0R5SeRJxwL1SbhD6NHIdUP0&e=

Sincerely,

Michael L. Thomas

Assistant Professor of Philosophy

Director of Africana Studies

Susquehanna University

Humboldt Research Fellow, JFKI FU Berlin