I'm excited to announce a speaker series in feminist political philosophy at University of Hamburg.

I've attached flyers for both the series as a whole and for Alexis Shotwell's upcoming talk on Monday, Nov. 22, "Solidarity Against Straightness". Note the time zones: most events start at 12:15pm Eastern/6:15pm Central Europe Time. The website and registration to receive a Zoom link is here:
https://www.limesurvey.uni-hamburg.de/index.php/133536

Please forward onward to colleagues and students!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nobody's Free Until Everybody's Free!
2021/22 Feminist Political Philosophy Speaker Series

The Philosophisches Seminar at University of Hamburg presents a speaker series on feminist philosophical approaches to urgent contemporary political questions. The series takes its title from the words of US civil rights activist Fannie Lou Hamer—words that demand accountability from any society calling itself a liberal democracy. To take those words seriously, a society must not only stamp out prejudice and discrimination, but must rethink basic institutions of education, policing, criminal justice, and national borders, as well as social and cultural norms of family and community life. This speaker series brings together feminist political philosophers who respond to this challenge and map paths to freer and more livable societies.

Scheduled talks (all times Central Europe Time, all talks in English):

Quill Kukla (Georgetown University)
“Spatial Agency, Territory, and the Right to the City”
Mon Oct. 18, 2021, 14.15–16.00 CET

Alexis Shotwell (Carleton University)
“Solidarity Against Straightness”
Mon Nov. 22, 2021, 18.15–20.00 CET

Tanu Biswas (University of Stavanger)
“Childist Discomfort with Pedagogy: Aren't we schooling towards intergenerational injustice?“
Tues Dec. 7, 2021, 18.15–20.00 CET

Lisa Guenther (Queen’s University)
“Abolish the World As We Know It: Notes for a Praxis of Phenomenology Beyond Critique”
Mon Jan. 24, 2022, 18.15–20.00 CET

Andrea J. Pitts (University of North Carolina, Charlotte)
“U.S. Latina/x Abolitionist Feminism: Nuevos y viejos caminos/New and Old Pathways”
Mon Feb. 7, 2022, 18.15–20.00 CET

Serena Parekh (Northeastern University)
Book Talk: No Refuge: Ethics and the Global Refugee Crisis
With commentary by Christine Straehle (Universität Hamburg)
Mon Feb. 21, 2022, 16.15–19.00 CET

Register here to receive participation info: https://www.limesurvey.uni-hamburg.de/index.php/133536.

For more information, contact organizer Dr. Caleb Ward at [log in to unmask]