I'm excited to announce the next event in the University of Hamburg Feminist Political Philosophy Speaker Series, on Tuesday, Dec. 7, at 18:15 Central Europe Time/12:15pm Eastern. If you haven't already, please register at this link by Monday, Dec. 6 to receive participant information: https://www.limesurvey.uni-hamburg.de/index.php/133536.

Tanu Biswas
"Childist Discomfort with Pedagogy: Aren't we schooling towards intergenerational injustice?"
Tues., December 7, 18:15 – 20:00 CET/12:15 – 2:00pm Eastern

Abstract:
The speaker reflects on the role of schooling and pedagogy in ensuring intergenerational climate justice as a response to contemporary children and youth's climate activism. The goal driving rapid global developments in the schooling sector is not intergenerational sustainability. On the contrary, misopedy (adultism) seems foundational to accelerated industrial growth, requiring standardized schooling to produce 'future human capital'. Therefore, the question arises: Aren't we schooling towards intergenerational injustice?

~~~~~~~~
Future events in the speaker series:

Nobody's Free Until Everybody's Free!

2021/22 Feminist Political Philosophy Speaker Series

Tanu Biswas (University of Stavanger)
“Childist Discomfort with Pedagogy: Aren't we schooling towards intergenerational injustice?“
Tues Dec. 7, 2021, 18.15–20.00

Lisa Guenther (Queen’s University)
“Abolish the World As We Know It: Notes for a Praxis of Phenomenology Beyond Critique”
Mon Jan. 24, 2022, 18.15–20.00

Andrea J. Pitts (University of North Carolina, Charlotte)
“U.S. Latina/x Abolitionist Feminism: Nuevos y viejos caminos/New and Old Pathways”
Mon Feb. 7, 2022, 18.15–20.00

Serena Parekh (Northeastern University)
Book Talk: No Refuge: Ethics and the Global Refugee Crisis
With commentary by Christine Straehle (Universität Hamburg)
Mon Feb. 21, 2022, 16.15–19.00

To receive Zoom info for all events, register at https://www.limesurvey.uni-hamburg.de/index.php/133536.

--
Caleb Ward, PhD