I might also add that human population estimates are consistently too low.
They were heavily extrapolated from archaeological evidence of cities with permanent dwellings.
This grossly undercounts the number of people living on the periphery of such places in non-permanent dwellings, that left little trace of their passing.
Basically we didnt have realistic population estimates until the late middle ages...and even still we undercounted population outside of Eurasia/Middle East.

I generally consider that the "mainstream" population estimates before 500 AD should be doubled, and before 500 BC should be tripled, or more.

Supposedly it took until the 1400s for us to hit 300 million people.

So yeah, not only are we pushing historical dates of civilization, language, and some tools back by several thousand years, but we are raising our estimates of how many people there were and how late they co-existed with other hominids -  Homo Floresiensis was likely around until 20,000 B.C., and were literally 50% smaller than humans of the same time!

Estimates of historical world population - Wikipedia