Hi TOK Folks,

  I happened to be rummaging around some of the old territory in “Unified Psychology” that I used to live in when I was a more traditional scholar 😊.

Thought I would share the attached is a classic article from Robert Sternberg and Elena Grigorenko. He and I did a joint article a few years later on framing professional/health service psychology here. Also, one from Anderson on his Information Integration Theory for a unified psychology (which is not to be confused with Tonini’s Integrated Information Theory of consciousness…who would confuse IIT with IIT 😊?).

If you look at them, keep in mind the key problem…there is no clear ontology of (a) cognition, (b) behavior, and (c) subjective experience. This becomes strikingly clear when you swallow UTOK’s language claim that behavior is the central concept in science writ large.

Bottom line: The problem of psychology is arguably the central problem in the academy, it sits at center of the shadow cast by the Enlightenment Gap, and the UTOK language affords a way out of the morass of confusion.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/