Chance,

  Fascinating summary, thanks. I certainly can deeply align with the metaphor of simultaneously riding the digital wave while ontologically planting my feet through the wisdom stack. From Energy/Information to Matter to Life to Mind to Culture to the Digital Social Virtual Metaverse to the Garden under the Elephant Sun God, I am rotating my iQuad lenses to be oriented toward sustaining a coherent, integrated pluralistic wisdom energy line of being.

From: theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Chance McDermott
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 11:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TOK Approaches to Addressing the Meta-Crisis

What we seem to be bracing for is the magnitude of the psychological effect of the digital wave and where, ontologically, we plant our feet.

For example, Gregg seems to now suggest that the platform for the 21st century Western person is at the suture of the Enlightenment Gap.  Mark Stalhman, I believe, suggests we have to recess to Aristotle's understanding of the four causes to buttress Western civilization.  Alexander Bard roots himself in Zoroastrianism.  Judaism is, of course, durable and well-positioned.   Zen Buddhism for the rest of us as a method for existing in the realm of hungry ghosts.

Steve Bannon plants his feet on economic nationalism.  Behaviorally, this is almost certainly where we will land in the United States Probably it will be 1) militant Christianity for the struggling mass populus and 2) libertarianism and whatever system listed above by Brandon wins out as a dominant digital life ethic.

Without a Lene Anderson Bildung 3.0, we seem poised for either the further penalization of the United States citizenry and/or the resurgence of industrial Protestantism for the masses.  Jordan Peterson will be vindicated.  Shelter and food for the stoic and hard working, and a predictable living hell for the lazy, pitiful, and negligent.

As for the intellectually awakened/existentially frightened, is Gregg's system not the most adequate secular perspective?  The alternative is a suggestion to read "Camu" and learn to "imagine" sisyphus is happy.

-Chance