Thank you! I will check this out later today :)

From: theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 6:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TOK Most Important Equation in Biology

Hi TOKers,

  I hope folks are getting geared up for the holiday with good cheer.

I have often noted that “energy is the ultimate common denominator” and, in that light, I found this article helpful:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bigthink.com_life_free-2Denergy-2Dbiochemistry-2Dg-2Dh-2Dts_&d=DwICAg&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=wjF8cZoiFchamTuxBdDEmw&m=CJ-AWcydGotfBnx3u_FRgPnJZONOyQrzZQZNvDxfSEU&s=FxpLovnCnxMqXxEqMEUJj-16Ey9wz71YEB-v868iAvs&e=

One way to frame complexification is in terms of “negative entropy” or negentropy. This article shows the basic relationship between negative entropy, energy (heat and free), and biological organization in a pretty simple way.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/