You're spot on in application Ali. This is touching on the theoretical roots of acceptance and commitment therapy in terms of shifting lenses (being cognitively flexible) in order to optimize function and minimize unnecessary pain and suffering.

Cognitive flexibility would be one of the chief underlying constructs for a sort of trait or characteristic that represents the ability to switch between levels of consciousness.

Regards,

Nicholas G. Lattanzio, Psy.D.