Hi Nik,

  Many thanks for this. Let’s schedule either a call or a UTOKing with Gregg at some point.

I will punt on your first paragraph, as we would need some dialogue there.

  Re the second paragraph, one point may be helpful, is that when I am using “science” I am referring to “modern empirical natural science” which is clarified here. It emerged in a way that can perhaps most simply framed as via the insights of some greats, say from Galileo to Newton to Darwin to Einstein. It has a couple of core features, one of which is third person objectivist epistemology, which is definitely grounded in an intersubjective socially constructed field of agreement. However, that does not mean it is “inherently value-laden and as particular as any "subjective self." To me, that is deeply misleading and would need to be pulled apart and dissected. The Periodic Table of the Elements and the atomic theory of matter are not subjective, value laden truth claims in the same way that some who loves the Kardashians proclaims they are the best people ever. Indeed, I would argue, ala Bhaskar, that science gives a transcendence realism. And I would further argue from a critical realist ontological perspective, that would stretch from Bhaskar to the Big Historian Dave Christian to folks like Sean Carroll and E O Wilson, can ontologically see the ontic universe, via scientific epistemology, as being mapped by quantum mechanics, general relativity, big bang, cell theory, genetics, and natural selection in such a way that enables us, for the first time in history with deep transcendent epistemological justification, a view of cosmic evolution on the dimensions of time and complexification.

Bottom line, the language of physics, which grounds modern empirical natural science, IS different than the language of subjectivity

One final comment. There is way that the language of subjectivity is more objective than the language of physics. I am experiencing the world now. Indeed, even deeper…Am Is. Am is pertains to an epistemic ontic relation that is the ground of fact in itself. Unlike science, it is undeniable and indisputable. “Am is” is the better way to find the foundational truth claim than Descartes’ claim, I think therefore I am. So, we need to sort out what we are saying.

Again, happy to zoom at some point to see if we can sort this out.