Hi TOK Folks,

A podcast I did with Brendan Graham Dempsey on Metamodern Spirituality was just released. I thought it covered a lot of ground in a pretty coherent way, especially if you are coming in with some background knowledge of UTOK, and are looking to get the current picture of what it is about. Many thanks to Brendan for the invitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSeb3d5FXE

Metamodern Spirituality | Towards a Metamodern Metanarrative: UTOK (w/ Gregg Henriques)

Dr. Gregg Henriques talks to Brendan about his Unified Theory of Knowledge (UTOK) framework and how it promisingly contributes to the effort of articulating a sciency-friendly post-postmodern grand narrative for our confused and meaning-hungry times. Gregg helps clarify points of overlap as well as distinction between other post-postmodern maps, while zeroing in on the specific existential challenge of our day, which UTOK clarifies and contextualizes. Finally, the two consider how we might, through ironic sincerity, co-create a set of living symbols that can help teach the full "wisdom stack" we'll need to not only survive but thrive beyond the imminent transformations of the metaverse and the "digital identity problem."

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
President of the Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration (2022)

Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/