Societal growing pains.

Regards,

Nicholas G. Lattanzio, Psy.D.

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 11:41 AM Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is powerful article and resonates strongly with my experience and perspective.

There is just ideological capture everywhere.

This, BTW, is why I think those with a metamodern perspective are so crucial. My friend Greg Thomas came to my class last fall and gave a simply brilliant presentation on race, cultural intelligence, healing and moving forward. It was riveting and inspiring and had the doc students talking in such a productive way. We must find ways to move in this direction. Else the “religion of woke fundamentalism” will become the law of the land.

With sadness for the APA,

Gregg

From: theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Rachel Hayden
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Article: My APA Resignation

Hello Ali ~

I noticed John McWhorter mentioned in that article. I recently saw him on Andrew Yang's show, and it was really good. There was an especially good section about the contradictions in what McWhorter considers religious dogma among some racial social justice crowds. (Dovetailing with Vervaeke and others in the characterization of a "pseudoreligion.") Unfortunately, you see this impossible dogma also prevalent in queer communities - for instance, "Gender doesn't matter," and "you must always get pronouns correct." I say this as a member of that community. It’s sad to realize that some of your “allies” are as scary as your enemies. A bit Orwellian, even.