Come see my talk and learn about embodied cognition in a feminist context!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Marek McGann <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 11:19 AM
Subject: ENSO 48 -- Shay Welch -- Choreography and Collective Reasoning:
Democratic Linguistic Bodies
To: Marek McGann <[log in to unmask]>, Matthew deems. Egbert <

Dear enactivistas,

We are delighted to welcome our March speaker, *Shay Welch* of Spelman
College. Dr. Welch will be presenting on *Choreography and Collective
Reasoning: Democratic Linguistic Bodies*. The seminar will take place on
Thursday 3rd March @ 1600 UTC. See the seminar page on the ENSO website for
time in your timezone <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ensoseminars.com_presentations_past52_&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=mBb9-Ye4tKXr8B0vWAh9RAQ9z6yMKOOVtD08jKgpiV4&s=1w9qNg-rK88T-n1IDZrXNqB_eIblzxOLS3X1MK7l3Cw&e= >.
Abstract appears below.

You can join us via the live stream on YouTube
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_7tFWJQxwtyY&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=mBb9-Ye4tKXr8B0vWAh9RAQ9z6yMKOOVtD08jKgpiV4&s=bL4zlV_PZnM7TfwhlvG1SBNt4Ng3co17kdSu3gu96Lo&e= >, or if you would like to join us for
discussion in the seminar session itself you are very welcome. Please
respond to either of us to let us know.

We are very much looking forward to Shay's talk, and the discussion around
it. Hope to see you then!

All the best,

Marek & Matthew

*If you would prefer to stop receiving these email announcements, please
just send one of us a quick email to that effect.*

Choreography and Collective Reasoning: Democratic Linguistic Bodies. Shay
Welch Spelman College March 3, 2022, 4 p.m. UTC

In this talk, I discuss the possibility of dancing to be more than a
political statement. I want to explore whether dancing can truly contribute
to deliberative democratic interactions at the level of reason-making. I
surmise that practices and expositions of narrative choreography can be as
participatory as propositional narratives because bodies are linguistic
bodies. I shall inquire into what this might mean and what kinds of
conditions are required for dancing bodies to receive uptake in collective
reasoning practices.

--
All my best,
Shay Welch