Hi all,

Thought some folks here might find this conversation pertinent. We discuss
TOK and the complexification narrative through the lens of Whiteheadian
process philosophy:

*https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Dj-2DEgCakXA9Y&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=XJ1FUp1D9psLQX0p7Kg-6SY3AGH0Y2PEU841PxqzSVk&s=15qT5I5mlqQwkUa61-tvmSzxEQ9kczWBo9xyOHnh0WQ&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Dj-2DEgCakXA9Y&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=XJ1FUp1D9psLQX0p7Kg-6SY3AGH0Y2PEU841PxqzSVk&s=15qT5I5mlqQwkUa61-tvmSzxEQ9kczWBo9xyOHnh0WQ&e= >*

SUMMARY:
Dr. Matt Segall joins Brendan to talk about the relationship of process
philosophy and the thinking of A. N. Whitehead to the formulation of an
emerging metanarrative in metamodernity. In the context of our 13.7 billion
years of emergent complexification, how does the story of consciousness
evolution relate to issues such as dualism and the hard problem of
consciousness, panpsychism, divine creativity, and mystical union?

Dr. Segall's bio:
Matthew D. Segall, PhD, received his doctoral degree in 2016 from the
Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at CIIS. His dissertation
was titled Cosmotheanthropic Imagination in the Post-Kantian Process
Philosophy of Schelling and Whitehead. It grapples with the limits to
knowledge of reality imposed by Kant's transcendental form of philosophy
and argues that Schelling and Whitehead's process-oriented approach
(described in his dissertation as a "descendental" form of philosophy)
shows the way across the Kantian threshold to renewed experiential contact
with reality. He teaches courses on German Idealism and process philosophy
for the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at CIIS. He blogs
regularly at footnotes2plato.com.

Cheers,
Brendan