ToK,

A good lecture series on modern physics is the Sean Carroll YouTube series on the biggest ideas in the universe.

See https://youtu.be/AeNSMJtKGc0

I hope this is relevant and helpful.

Lee Beaumont

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 26, 2022, at 8:11 AM, Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Brendan,

  There is not much to read on this topic, as I have not published professionally on it. I should develop a reading list though. In terms of professional publications, you can go to my home page, gregghenriques.com, although it needs an update.

  What happened was that after I feeling into the rabbit hole that is the Tree of Knowledge System vision of the universe in 1997, I dropped into physics quite deeply and studied string theory, loop quantum gravity, and black hole thermodynamics to obtain a strong grip on the relationship between energy, matter, space and time. General relativity, quantum field theory and thermodynamics were all essential in obtaining an optimal grip. My approach was, as with the ToK System in general, obtain a picture that ties together the key known insights in a coherent way. And that led me to develop this STEPPing Stone representation of the Standard Model. Note it is only “original” in the way it visually depicts the Standard Model, which I do think has value. And I think it should properly be called the Standard Theory, because it is more than a taxonomy, but is causal explanatory in nature (some physicists also make this argument).

  The squiggly lines represent the particle wave duality, and the weird relationship particles have with space and time. My conclusion of what was going on with quantum field theory back in 1999-2000 was essentially identical to what is now called relational quantum field theory, and it is basically also the interpretation of Eastman. This stemmed from the way I placed the human observer (and any measurement system) in the larger field. Here is a visual:

Note that the observing eye is placed on the iQuad Coin, which directly relates to and ultimately aligns with the Identity function in the fundamental equation of matrix mechanics (which is the “I” in the equation at the bottom). The descriptive metaphysics afforded by the ToK System helps sort all this out.

I probably should write all this out. As this diagram suggests, this formulation that places the knower-observer-measurer in the field is crucial both to the ToK System and, ultimately, to the Coin. Together, the Tree and Coin afford us a full and complete onto-epistemological picture of the relationship between physics and our individual unique particular psyches.