Thanks for this, Gregg.  As Rachel says, there's a bit of grandiosity and
salesmanship in this article, but the view he presents is something
explored in great depth in the Time-Space-Knowledge (TSK) vision of
Tarthang Tulku, or in Dzogchen or some other Buddhist schools.  TSK doesn't
reject time and only emphasize space, but expands and transforms the
understanding and experience of time just as this author is inviting a
transformation of 'space.'  In Dzogchen, or related practices like Mother
Tantra, sleep yoga is one of the practices that lets you directly discover
that 'mind' is always 'on,' even in so-called deep (unconscious) sleep.
Dzogchen, especially when presented as part of the 9 Vehicles (from
shamanism up), is one of the richest and most profound bodies of teachings
I've ever encountered, after years of practicing in multiple traditions.
As for the relationship of Dzogchen and Zen, I agree with Rachel -- the
fruit of their teachings may not be identical (and I say that from the
point of view that all traditions produce fruits with their own unique
flavors, not from the point of view of ranking), but they are indeed very
close.