Thanks for sharing, Brendan.

This looks very interesting and is a good reminder that I wanted to reach out and invite Matt to join me for a UTOKing with Gregg episode.

From: theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Brendan Graham Dempsey
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Process Philosophy and the Metamodern Metanarrative

________________________________
Hi all,

Thought some folks here might find this conversation pertinent. We discuss TOK and the complexification narrative through the lens of Whiteheadian process philosophy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-EgCakXA9Y<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Dj-2DEgCakXA9Y&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=XJ1FUp1D9psLQX0p7Kg-6SY3AGH0Y2PEU841PxqzSVk&s=15qT5I5mlqQwkUa61-tvmSzxEQ9kczWBo9xyOHnh0WQ&e=>

SUMMARY:
Dr. Matt Segall joins Brendan to talk about the relationship of process philosophy and the thinking of A. N. Whitehead to the formulation of an emerging metanarrative in metamodernity. In the context of our 13.7 billion years of emergent complexification, how does the story of consciousness evolution relate to issues such as dualism and the hard problem of consciousness, panpsychism, divine creativity, and mystical union?

Dr. Segall's bio:
Matthew D. Segall, PhD, received his doctoral degree in 2016 from the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at CIIS. His dissertation was titled Cosmotheanthropic Imagination in the Post-Kantian Process Philosophy of Schelling and Whitehead. It grapples with the limits to knowledge of reality imposed by Kant's transcendental form of philosophy and argues that Schelling and Whitehead's process-oriented approach (described in his dissertation as a "descendental" form of philosophy) shows the way across the Kantian threshold to renewed experiential contact with reality. He teaches courses on German Idealism and process philosophy for the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at CIIS. He blogs regularly at footnotes2plato.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__footnotes2plato.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=XJ1FUp1D9psLQX0p7Kg-6SY3AGH0Y2PEU841PxqzSVk&s=RcJf-b16syySWPxukHebvJrL4wI99ShWsSsIC9KiIY8&e=>.

Cheers,
Brendan