Thank you both for your insights and reflections! Definitely a book I will
read too, fairly synchronistic that the author is the same teacher Bruce
lived with!

And yes Bruce, if youre referring to Joe Dispenza as that source I share
your skepticism. It was some fairly random meditation with a lot of strong
claims about activating tue pineal gland and other mytho-romantic
idealizations. Regardless, I ended up having this experience, which I'm not
sure fits neatly into the Tibetan categories, except possibly as clarity
due to the profound experience of deidentification (though not the most "I"
have felt).

I actually had a clear light dream, or as I know it a White Dream (I think
it's more of a research term)tern, when I was in my undergraduate
schooling. It was nothing, absolute void, no sense of time whatsoever, but
definitely a stable experience of awareness. Only in referencing it can I
generally speak to the Absolute Knowing that I AM that simply was.

Interestingly that textbook White Dream was directly preceded by a fairly
lucid dream in which I had an hours long conversation with some elderly
lady. I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess it was my grandmother who
passed when I was 4 or 5, but for all I know it was some random
fictionalized person. I do look back at that conversation as one I took
something big away from, I don't remember the conversation at all aside
from a clear instruction that I "can't stop yet." Which has always been a
source of inspiration for me though I don't know it's specific referant.
That dream ended with the roof collapsing too a lava-like fire and then
boom, just nothing. There may have been a thought about whether or not I
was dead as the dream content transitioned.

These kinds of experiences fascinate the hell out of me. I'd love to hear
some of yours and others experiences along these lines too!

Regards,

Nicholas G. Lattanzio, Psy.D.