Brendan,

  This is a lovely piece of work. It honors and illuminates and inspires. I found the description in the email to be powerful and on point. (If you will, please allow me to make one minor point about nomenclature…the Tree of Knowledge is abbreviated “ToK,” because when capitalized in the UTOK language system, TOK stands for “Theory Of Knowledge,” as in the TOK Society (not ToK Society) and UTOK itself).  In addition, I found the poem to be moving and alluring and imaginative and generative.

  I will share a couple of points in response to Lee’s helpful comments. I agree with Lee that simplicity is often something to strive for, especially if we are to take an “engineering mind” approach to helping ease folks into understanding the reality mapped by a science oriented toward wisdom. And, Lee, this is what I see you do so well.

  At the same time, the cultural place Brendan is adopting, at least as far as I am following him, is a mytho-poetic epic narrative structure to pull on the power of the arts and related theological imaginal structures to inspire and cultivate meaning in this time of the meaning and mental health crisis. Ala Vervaeke’s work, the gap from the Enlightenment can be framed as a massive chasm between science and spirituality, whereby the latter refers to a mythos that orients our souls toward the transcendent (represented in UTOK, as the Garden). As I see it, Brendan’s work is placed to bridge and transcend that gap toward a metamodern scientific spiritual sensibility. As such, his proper use of the term “complexification” seems well justified to me. Complexification refers to the coming together of differentiated parts to form an integrated functional, patterned whole. The ToK System affords us a scientifically grounded big history map of the complexification trail across the levels and dimensions of nature that affords us the capacity to understand the integrated networks of energy-information that enable us to connect in this exchange and collectively imagine the Omega.

I hope you don’t mind, Brendan, but I took the liberty of taking some of the art work that you did with the four rings and added Christian Gross’s updated iQuad Coin to the middle (which has UTOK’s “ultimate justification”, which be that which enhances dignity and well-being with integrity, on the gold trim, along with a sun representing the Elephant Sun God, which is an icon of the ultimate good/true/beautiful, away from evil).

To be clear, in UTOK, the iQuad Coin can be thought of as representing the point at which the psyche, mathematics, logic, and physics, along with the one and the many, and the past, present and future are joined in a nondual empirical experience of onto-epistemological awareness (to use some of Nik L.’s language from his nondual empiricist frame).

I see this epic from Brendan as helping us to be and become oriented toward the Omega under the light of the Elephant Sun God. As such, I thank you for this emerging work with a deep sense of gratitude.