Thanks, Bonnie.
Linda was truly an amazing person. I became friends with her and Neil in Budapest when I was there on a Fulbright in 2013-14. She had already lived with ALS for 8+ years by then. She was a fighter in so many ways--the CEU website announcement doesn't do justice to her strength and energy. Linda, both as a person and for the things she was still organizing that semester, count among my fondest memories from my time in Budapest.

And if one is ever tempted to generalize about men not being able to do the work of physical caretaking, think twice...Neil, her husband, was a spectacular caretaker for Linda for many years.
Ann