Miriam Martineau has a number of good resources on integral parenting

On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 11:10 AM Aydan Connor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you so much, everyone! I had a strong suspicion that this would be a good question for this listserv, and I really appreciate the range of materials recommended here.

Gregg, as usual, your UTOK view strikes me as intuitive as I read it, interesting and salient. Thank you for taking the time to summarize these concepts here!

Lee/Gregg, I have only had a chance to watch part of the presentations by Darcia Narvaez, but it has been really compelling so far.

Brad and Ken, I look forward to looking into the materials you’ve produced!

Ali, this list is great—it’s a great feeling to suddenly have enough options that I can afford to be choosy :). Also, I just signed up for dailydad. I appreciate your mentioning the parenting relationship, it makes a lot of sense to me that this would be the case. Seeing my son over time, it seems clear that he’s an emotional sponge, and picks up on the energies in his environment without having to know what’s going on propositionally.

I recently went down to part time at work so I could help more days with childcare. This transition has presented me with a sense that I personally needed to ground my parenting conceptually and to gather more tools to continue to form an environment and dynamic that affords his development.

He’s complexifying as a person so rapidly, which is this amazing thing to witness day by day, but also, as a parent, I experience as this underlying urgency, like I’m steering the aim of this slingshot before it let’s loose in a general lifetime trajectory. The last thing I wanted was to steer things in a poorly advised direction, so I hope my gratitude shines through.

Cheers!
Aydan