From: theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Alexis Kenny
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 10:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TOK Episode 5 Psyche-pathology

________________________________
All,

As someone who works (very part-time) administering psychological assessments (many of them personality trait based) to clients (clergy members), this was helpful in its a concise breakdown of the Big Five and their relevance as described with nuanced depth. Notes below!

- The ontology of problems
- Transjective as the junction of subjective and objective
- Psycho-logy as the general nomenthic and psyche-pathology as the specific idiographic
- Integrating without reducing
- Efficiency balanced with resiliency = optimal gripping
- Universal doesn't mean complete (personality traits do not equal personhood)
- Conscientiousness = future is very present = ORDERING GOALS ACROSS TIME
- Agreeableness = compassion and politeness = NEEDS (SELF / OTHERS)
- Neuroticism = negative emotionality = THREATS
- Openness = sensitive to the incentive reward of semantic information (ideas) = NOVELTY ENGAGEMENT
- Extraversion = behavioral version of openness = REWARDS
- Meta-traits = stability (first three traits) and plasticity (last two) = realizing what's relevant in the world in which one is situated
- Recursive Relevance Realization (in Relation) = The 3Rs refer to “recursive relevance realization," and it provides a frame that gives us, to quote Vervaeke and Ferraro, a “theory of how cognition continually redesigns itself to fit the changing world."

Warmly,

Ali