Darcia:
Congratulations on the book, Restoring the  Kinship Worldview.   Two items, among the others, strike me as important regarding your book. One is the idea of the egalitarianism or our social nature, the sense of neighbor or community; the other is relatively related, the sense of ceremony.

I wonder if you have heard of The Power of Clan  (Stewart and Wolf),  of The Vanishing Neighbor, The Lonely, Crowd, Bowling Alone, and my Unified Philosophy, 3rd edition with chapters on city and community planning?

John Donne said no man is an island.  Every person is part of the group. Western civilization's emphasis on individualism would gain much with the restoration of the notion of kinship.
Best,
Michael M. [log in to unmask]