I was thinking about how reverence could be seen as the proper frame for
the religion that is not a religion, as opposed to devotion in traditional
style society. It seems intuitive to me that devotion is when we cross a
line towards traditional religion as opposed to a meta modern religion that
is not a religion. The relationship is different, but the quality remains.
I think cults tend to contain devotion without a heart of reverence, and
that this points towards some lack of ontological quality there that makes
this form inherently dangerous.

Thoughts?