Thanks for this posting, Bruce.

I really enjoyed doing this with Layman and encourage folks to check it out if they are interested in what a psychological check up looks like. It might be helpful to note that Layman exhibits what I would call a “healthy-robust” character structure during the Well-Being Check-Up/Interview. I can specify more about what that means, but basically there is a continuum from Healthy-Robust to Healthy-Neurotic to Neurotic-Troubled to Troubled-Borderline to Borderline-Psychotic. The first term describes how the person is when things are going ok and the second when the shit is hitting the fan. Here is a short blog on thinking about the dimensional aspects of personality function/dysfunction: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201305/what-is-dysfunctional-personality

From: theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Bruce Alderman
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 11:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TOK: The Well-being Interview (with Dr. Henriques and Layman Pascal)

THE WELL-BEING INTERVIEW

Episode 9 of the INTEGRAL PSYCHOTHERAPY series is a special episode, featuring a live demonstration of Dr. Gregg Henriques' Well-being Interview. What does a psychological "check-up" look like?  Dr. Henriques gives us a demonstration of a systematic approach to assessing psychological well-being that he developed, his Well-being Screen and Check-Up System, by taking Layman Pascal through a series of questions designed to explore his emotional life, his relationships, his early childhood, his habits and physical health patterns, his history with trauma, his work history, his ethical life and self-development routines, and much more.

https://youtu.be/QDx2eoJB2ec