Hey Folks,

To continue on this thread, I happened to be reading through some cultural anthropology books because I am explicating how UTOK defines culture, Culture, and person. So, from Mark Sutton’s A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology we get this definition of culture:

What is culture?

Simply put, culture is learned and shared behavior in humans. All animals, and even some plants, also have learned and shared behaviors but here we only consider humans. Humans have only minimal instincts, such as self-preservation, reproduction, and being maternal. Thus, virtually all of human behavior is learned: what one likes, how one thinks, what language one speaks, one’s beliefs, one’s values, one’s biases, what is good to eat, how one views the world, and so on. All of these traits are socially transmitted, learned from other members of one’s society. Everything one experiences is filtered through the lens of their cultural background. It forms the basis for the generation of appropriate behavior, which is defined by the society. In essence, then, culture is integrated into all social systems and forms one’s view of reality.

OMG and we wonder why the social sciences are not real sciences. Indeed, with this definition coupled to this conversation, can there be any doubt that we needed a clearer descriptive metaphysical system for ontologically specifying the behavior of living organisms, minded animals, and human persons?

Sorry you are now bald Waldemar. I should have warned you 😊.