________________________________
From: Deborah Mower <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 6:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CFP for "The Ethics of Engagement"

Hello,

I'm one of the co-directors for an upcoming Society for Ethics Across the Curriculum conference and this is the kind of opportunity that I know many of your members would be interested in. Would you be so kind as to send the following out to the listserv? If you can only post text, there is some below. If you can also attach the flyer of the CFP (if your listserv accommodates that), I've attached that as well. Many, many thanks!

SEAC 2022: The Ethics of Engagement

23rd International Conference on Ethics Across the Curriculum

October 6-8, 2022

University of Mississippi

Keynote Speaker: Brian Berkey (University of Pennsylvania), political philosopher and ethicist working in the area of Effective Altruism

We welcome submissions<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.seac-2Donline.org_conferences_&d=DwMGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=ABqefVebEffNgCcaECyfu4tfbj5c_vnvwwCD27TRuNsCw7XUm4vdAdBNOg5-O_je&m=IZESxzx2XsamdUGASQExmVANdDz20r8ZKKWMvOohhY8&s=Tv10RRfdLyX04kdzhYRs79SPwnzyQPDkuJQJJP5VjCI&e=> (abstracts: 250 word max, formatted for blind review) addressing any aspect of teaching ethics across the curriculum. For this year’s conference we have a special interest in approaches for teaching ethics as it relates to interpersonal, civic, institutional, and community engagement. Sessions (20 min, 10 min for Q&A) include papers, panels, case study analysis and discussion, poster sessions and pedagogical demonstrations. The best graduate student submission receives an award ($500 plus free conference registration). In-person conference with limited slots for virtual presentation. Submission deadline of August 1. Early submissions (by July 1) receive special consideration. Submission and travel information: https://www.seac-online.org/conferences/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.seac-2Donline.org_conferences_&d=DwMGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=ABqefVebEffNgCcaECyfu4tfbj5c_vnvwwCD27TRuNsCw7XUm4vdAdBNOg5-O_je&m=IZESxzx2XsamdUGASQExmVANdDz20r8ZKKWMvOohhY8&s=Tv10RRfdLyX04kdzhYRs79SPwnzyQPDkuJQJJP5VjCI&e=> . General questions: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Deborah S. Mower
Director, The Center for Practical Ethics

Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Hume Bryant Associate Professor of Ethics
Department of Philosophy and Religion
University of Mississippi

www.deborahmower.com

Board of Directors, Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE)
Board of Directors, Philosophy Learning and Teaching Organization (PLATO)
Former President, Society for Ethics Across the Curriculum (SEAC)
Research Network, National Institute for Civil Discourse (NICD)

Dr. Andrea Veltman
Interim Department Head
Professor of Philosophy
Department of Philosophy & Religion
James Madison University
MSC 8006 | Cleveland Hall 113
Harrisonburg, VA  22807
Office phone: 540-568-2830<tel:540-568-2830>