FEAST-L Archives

November 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Shifra Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shifra Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:04:59 -0500
***Please forward widely.   Feminist work is especially welcome.***

Colloquium Series: New Research in Foucault Studies (12/1/10 deadline)

The Foucault Society is pleased to announce a new colloquium series,
which will begin in January 2011 and meet monthly in New York City. As
a forum for new research and works-in-progress, this series will
provide an opportunity for both junior and senior scholars to share new
work with a friendly and supportive audience of colleagues.

We invite paper proposals on any aspect of Foucault studies. Papers may
offer close readings of Foucault's texts; analyze social, cultural or
political phenomena in the context of Foucaultian critique; or situate
Foucault's work in terms of related thinkers or areas of critical
theory. Diverse critical, historical and empirical approaches are
welcome, as are critiques of Foucault and comparative readings.

Papers should be approximately 30 minutes reading time.

Graduate students, recent PhDs, new faculty, and independent scholars
are especially encouraged to apply. Presenters may come from any field
in the humanities or social sciences.

Please send 500-word abstract and c.v. to the Foucault Society's
Executive Committee at [log in to unmask]  Inquiries are
welcome.

Deadline for Spring 2011 presentations: December 1, 2010. Papers
received after that date will be considered until the schedule is full.

Deadline for Fall 2011 presentations: May 30, 2011.

About the Foucault Society:
The Foucault Society is an independent, non-profit educational
organization, based in New York City. We host reading groups, lectures,
and conferences dedicated to critical study of the work of Michel
Foucault (1926-1984) within a contemporary context.

For more information, we invite you to visit our website:
www.foucaultsociety.org.

****
Shifra Diamond
Chair, Colloquium Series, The Foucault Society, NYC
Ph.D. Candidate, George Washington University
E-mail: [log in to unmask]