FEAST-L Archives

January 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Nancy A. McHugh" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy A. McHugh
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:09:42 -0500
All,
My department is hiring a visiting line in Africana Philosophy and Critical Race Theory (ad below). We are a very feminist friendly department.

Best, Nancy

Wittenberg University, Springfield, OH. The Department of Philosophy at Wittenberg University invites applications for an opening at the level of Visiting Assistant Professor (renewable up to three years) beginning Fall of 2010. ABD candidates will be considered at the instructor level. Six courses per year, undergraduate. Funding for research and development of teaching available.  AOS/AOC: Africana Philosophy and/or Critical Race Theory. The successful candidate must be able to teach introductory logic and critical reasoning. The department emphasizes a commitment to liberal arts teaching and interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and research. The department also values original, innovative research, interaction with students inside and outside of the classroom, working engagement with the local community, and service to the university. All correspondence should be directed to Dr. Nancy McHugh, Chair, Department of Philosophy. Please submit a letter of application with a current C.V., transcript, letters of reference, a writing sample, and evidence of teaching effectiveness on-line at www.wittenberg.edu/employment by March 12, 2010. Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students’ appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.  AA/EOE

Nancy McHugh
Associate Professor of Philosophy and Chair
Department of Philosophy
Wittenberg University
Springfield, OH 45501

"The quality of light by which we scrutinize our lives has direct bearing upon the product which we live, and upon the changes which we hope to bring about through those lives." Audre Lorde, "Poetry is Not a Luxury"