FEAST-L Archives

October 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Jennifer Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:48:12 -0400
Hello all.

Midwest SWIP announces the following opportunities:

POSITION OPEN:  Midwest SWIP is seeking a treasurer for 2013-2016.  The treasurer typically keeps the MW SWIP account in order, collects and deposits dues, writes checks to host institutions, writes travel grants, and attends the fall conference business meeting to keep the executive secretary and members aware of the society’s financial standing.  This responsibility is not especially onerous and gives one a useful line on the CV.  It is also an excellent opportunity for feminist graduate students and junior faculty who are seeking to establish regional connections.

If you are interested, in volunteering, please attend the November 10th business meeting during
the Midwest SWIP Fall 2012 Conference, Miami University, Oxford Ohio.
If you have further questions, or if you are interested in being treasurer but cannot attend
the fall 2012 conference, please contact Jennifer Benson at [log in to unmask] In the event of multiple nominations, we will elect the treasurer.

SEEKING LOCATION FOR FALL 2013:  We are currently seeking a Midwest location for our Fall 2013 conference.  The conference last from Friday evening through midday Sunday and dates are selected by the hosts.   The conference organizers are not expected to create the program, only orchestrate local arrangements (secure meeting rooms, arrange for refreshments, construct informational fliers on local eats/sleeps, etc).  Again, “conference organizer” is a great line on the CV and hosting is a terrific way to make feminist connections in the region.

The organizer/s need not have long-standing membership to host SWIP.  If you are
interested, please attend the Nov 10th  MW SWIP business meeting at Miami University, Oxford Ohio or contact Jennifer Benson at [log in to unmask]

SEEKING PROGRAM COMMITTEE FOR FALL 2013:  We are currently seeking two
volunteers to serve as the program committee for the fall 2013 conference.  One need not live in the Midwest region to serve on the program committee.  However, we usually insure that at least one member of the committee is a long-standing MW SWIP member.  The program committee drafts the CFP, sends to appropriate e-lists, collects and reviews submissions, and crafts the program.  This is another great line on the CV and an opportunity to connect with feminist philosophers.  If you are interested, please attend the Nov 10th MW SWIP business meeting at Miami University, Oxford Ohio or contact Jennifer Benson at [log in to unmask]

Best,
Jennifer Benson
Executive Secretery, Midwest SWIP

Dr. Jennifer Benson