FEAST-L Archives

October 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Jennifer Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:12:12 -0400
Hello All.

Jennifer Benson, here.   I’m the executive secretary for Midwest SWIP and I have a few reminders for members and those interested in membership.

First, have you seen the Fall 2012 Midwest SWIP Program?!  http://blogs.uww.edu/midwestswip/  We hope to see you there.

Second issue, DUES:  Midwest SWIP is supported by annual dues and sometimes receives institutional support from the colleges and universities that agree to host our annual conference.  Our funds are spent mainly on conference expenses (light refreshments and room fees) and travel grants.  We typically give grants to grad students, emeriti participants, feminists outside of the academy, and the underemployed.  Rather than reviewing our membership and contacting members list we  are opting to send out a general call for dues.  If you have paid your dues at any point since July 2012, you are up to date.

Tenured    $50.00
Not Tenured $30
Adjunct/Part Time $20
Student/underemployed     $5.00
Travel Grant Fund         $25.00

If you would like to support Midwest SWIP, would like to become a dues paying member, or would like to update your dues, (by paypal, money order, or snail mail check) please go to

http://blogs.uww.edu/midwestswip/membership-and-renewals/pay-dues/

As a member of SWIP, you are entitled to a discount on a print subscription to Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy  After paying your SWIP dues, please go to the Hypatia subscription page directly to subscribe.

ABOUT US:  Midwest SWIP is an interdisciplinary conference with a particular emphasis on troubling the discipline of philosophy and the theory/practice dichotomy.  Midwest SWIP has always had a practice of making its programs spaces for work that develops feminist ideas, theory, philosophy, and practice.  We have not included on our programs work that does not engage feminist concerns. Members actively seek work that engages feminist practices in
resistance to white supremacy, homophobia, and other forms of oppression.

Best,
Jennifer Benson

Dr. Jennifer Benson
Assistant Professor, Philosophy