FEAST-L Archives

February 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:24:57 -0600
Shay:

I may never forgive you making me read this claptrap.

But that is mixed with appreciation that I know it's out there, as recent
discussions make me think Mr. Cohen has rather a large number of kindred souls.

It's laughable from the first paragraph in which he claims that it is an attempt
to appeal to men's chivalry, which is problematic on the face and also places
women as the sole appealers. Um. No.

Looking forward to reading everyone's comments on this which are sitting in my
mailbox, but I confess to the poor etiquette of so far having read only Shay's
original missive. Stay angry, feminist friends, men and women and humans in
general. It's the kind of anger Aristotle could get behind. Be ye neither
irascible nor inirascible.

Best,
  Alison
   Alison Reiheld
   Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy
   College of Arts and Sciences
   SIU-Edwardsville