FEAST-L Archives

October 2009

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Bonnie Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:22:15 -0700
Thanks Joan,

It is much more powerful, if wrenching, to read the story in the words of a person who experienced it.  I just want to add that this ill treatment is not only of the two women, but their children are also treated in the most cruelly abominable fashion here.  Can you imagine being a young child faced with the death of your mother and, while trying to deal with that, being told that she's not your mother and you can't say good-bye to her?  At least the adults can put this into some context, understand what is happening as an injustice that is structural and political, but the kids, I imagine, must just be torn apart by such decisions.

Bonnie