Great question!

TLDR : YES this is allowed for left or right walls only.

Page 5 describes home and launch areas.

Page 16 defines equipment as everything the team brings to the match.

-

Page 18 rule 2 states the area to the left or the right of the mat can be used to store equipment.

Page 18 rule 3 states that equipment stored on the table may extend past the left or the right walls.

Page 19 rule 4 states the robot and anything that is about to move. Must fit completely inside launch and be at rest.

These appear to be the only three rules impacted with this technique.  I don't see anything specifically prohibiting it except the top and the bottom wall cannot be used.

There are the normal team cautions:
1. All team equipment, including the Jig, must be used in inspection.  Page 18 rule 1.
2. All team equipment must stay in home or in the hands of the technicians at the table. Page 18 rule 2

Michael Brown
Referee Advisor
VA- DC FLL

---- On Sat,21 Oct 2023 17:14:23 -0400 [log in to unmask] wrote ----

Hi,

My team is using alignment jigs to aid in precision in launching
missions, and they are wondering if the jig is allowed to have a piece
that goes over the top of the wall and to the outside edge to help
anchor it in place.

Kathleen (Jedi Waffles)