COE-TEACHER-EDUCATION-UNIT-L Archives

January 2022

COE-TEACHER-EDUCATION-UNIT-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Teacher-Ed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teacher-Ed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:58:58 +0000
Good morning,

As COVID procedures continue to change in our schools and communities, I wanted to remind everyone that our procedures remain the same.  Students in field experiences must adhere to school division policies where they are placed and to JMU policies.

One example is that mask wearing policies may shift in some schools -

  *   We want to remind students that the JMU mask wearing policy is as follows: Students are required to wear masks in indoor spaces on owned or leased university property. Students are not required to wear masks when they are in their own residence hall rooms with their roommate(s) unless the roommates are on quarantine or isolation. If there are other students in the room, then all students should be wearing masks - Stop the Spread: Student Mask FAQs - JMU<https://www.jmu.edu/stop-the-spread/students/student-mask-faqs.shtml#when-wear-mask>.
  *   In school buildings, students are required to follow school division policies. If mask wearing is not a policy at a site, then while mask wearing would be considered optional, it is highly recommended. Masking is a critical public health tool for preventing spread of COVID-19, and it is important to remember that any mask is better than no mask.

Please contact me with any questions!

Best,
Dara

Dara Hall, Ph.D. (she/her)
Executive Director of Teacher Education and Student Success
Education Support Center, MSC 6915
Memorial Hall 7230/40 (temporarily in MH 3270)
JMU College of Education
540-568-2996